Sunday, January 22, 2012

acquaintances: old and new

it seems like every couple of years i find my way back to friends and people who i thought i had lost.  tonight was another one of those episodes.  i was revisiting an old blog i had.  looking at old comments someone had made i see that her email address is listed (!)  after the other blog server went out of business (where my other blog and her blog was), i tried to locate her.  we did not exchange contact information before that blog's demise.  all i had was a part of her name that was in her profile name.  i thought hopefully she had started another blog with that same name.  i found nothing.  imagine my surprise when i saw her email address.  i just sent her an email and now i wait.

on the other side of this token, i have just started or just signed up with a penpal website.  i finally heard back from someone.  she lives in the south of france.  just outside of aix-en-provence, to be exact.  can't wait to write to her.  she already gave me her address now i just have to find something to write about.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I thought that I was the only one who was into penpals. Before I came to Holland I had one crappy Dutch penpal and two other good ones from England and Sweden. I hope that your friend gets back in touch with you.

    ReplyDelete